January is coming to a close and Valentines day just around the corner, Stuart at Sen5es has whipped up a recipe for a perfect little treat for you to enjoy and share with others, as well as the perfect way to store it and show it off. This recipe of Stuart's is one he has happily used for the last 25 years and comes highly recommended.
Cheesecake is always a good after dinner choice of dessert and here we have the perfect recipe for vanilla cheesecake that will fit right into our 190ml Glass Jar, perfect for a single portion and for storing in the fridge for later.
What you will need:
6 x 190ml glass Jars
Wooden or silicone spoon
30g (3)Ginger nuts
280g Philadelphia / cream cheese
300ml Double cream
150g Castor sugar
1 x Vanilla pod
1. Clean glass jars with detergent, rinse with warm water, dry the jars, place on tray and cover with clean tea towel.
2. Put the butter in the pan put on low heat to melt, when melted turn the heat off.
3. Place all the biscuit’s into the food processor and pulse until a fine crumb then pour into the pan with melted butter, stir and then divide into the 6 jars.
4, Press biscuit down firmly into the bottom of the jars and place the tray of jars into the fridge to chill.
5. Place cream cheese into bowl with sugar.
6. Place the vanilla pod onto the chopping board and split the vanilla pod down the middle lay the pod flat and scrape out the seeds, Add the seeds to the cream cheese and sugar and beat with the spoon until smooth, the vanilla pod skin can then be stored in a jar with sugar to make Vanilla sugar.
7. Slowly drizzle the cream into the bowl as you beat the cream cheese beat it until it is thick but still silky then add more cream and beat until all the cream is added and the mixture is just firm enough to hold onto the spoon.
8. Take the 6 glass jars out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese and vanilla mixture into the glass jars leaving 1-2 cm from the top to add a topping and allowing enough room for the jar caps to be applied.
9. Place jar lids on and place the cheesecakes in the fridge for later. Then serve and enjoy.
These Vanilla Cheesecakes are very tasty on their own but if you want a little something extra why not try adding butterscotch and banana, or else strawberries or blackberries are just a few ideas we can think of.
Don't forget we have plenty of other great food ideas in store, as well as many we have already posted on our blogs before, you can always go back and you might find something you like.
Please let us know if there is any great recipes you think we should cover, can you think of anything else that would look great in out 190ml Glass Jars?
As always you can follow us on social media to find out more. We are now reachable on not only Facebook, Instagram and Twitter but we now also have a TikTok and Tumblr page. So be sure to give us a follow there for any extra news or offers, not to mention more great recipes to come.
All the best
The Sen5es Team