It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
So gather your kids, grab some supplies, choose your preferred jar or bottle and follow along below to create your own amazing snow globe.
Materials You Will Need
A bottle or jar with a good surface area we have used a 700ml Polo Bottle.
A secure cap (you may wish to glue this on).
600 ml Baby oil.
20 g of mixed bio-degradable glitter.
An image, wording, scene or paint which will fit on the bottle.
Instructions For Making Your Snow Globe Bottle
1. Either print or paint your design on the bottle or jar. We used a printed vinyl sheet for the words and logo.
2. Place the design on the front of the bottle. You can also reverse your design and stick it on the back. This way when it's reflected and is seen through water it will be the right way round. Also be aware the image will be bigger!
3. Pour the glitter in to the bottle.
4. Next fill the bottle almost to the top with the baby oil. Make sure you have enough oil for your sized bottle. We used 600ml because we had a 700ml bottle.
5. Place the cap on. We glued the cap in place to make sure no oil would leak when the bottle was shaken.
6. Carefully twist and swirl the bottle to move the glitter and sit the bottle on a widow or shelf and watch the beautiful twinkly Christmas scene. They look particularly glittery when the light shines on the glitter as it moves.
How cool do these Snow Globe Bottles look? They are a great craft project and will look good in your house. The perfect DIY Christmas decoration.
I think this could look quite good in our of our 190ml Round Jars. With a mini Christmas tree glued to the bottom of the jars and glitter falling all around it. What do you think?
Will you be making your own snow globe this year? We would love to see it! Make sure you take a picture of your Snow Globe bottle and post it on Instagram. Use the #sen5esbottles to make sure we get to see it!
Thank you for checking out our latest blog and we wish you all a happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
All the best
The team at Sen5es