It's officially Halloween season!
Have you got anything planned for Halloween? Are you carving pumpkins? Maybe hosting a party? Or taking your kids our trick or treating?
Whatever you are up to you will need some suitably spooky decorations to make your home more haunted. And in this guide we have you covered!
Materials You Will Need
Bottles! For this example we have use our 750ml clear wine bottle but any 750ml bottle will do the trick.
Black paper or vinyl stickers
Paint, paintbrushes and other arts and craft supplies!
Instructions For Making Halloween Light Up Bottles
In our example we will be making a spooky Mummy. But as you can see you can make these bottles in to anything with a little imagination. Just find some different coloured tissue paper and get creative!
1. Get one of our 750ml wine bottles or a similar wine bottle you have at home. This is a perfect recycling project!
2. Cover in white tissue paper (or a different colour depending on which spooky creation you are making). Use PVA glue to stick the tissue paper to the bottle.
3. Using either some black paper or vinyl cut out the eyes, mouth etc for your spooky creation. We have used some simple scary eyes for our bottle. Stick the shapes on to the bottle using your PVA glue.
4. To give our Mummy more character, rip up some tissue paper and stick around the eyes to make it look like the Mummy's bandages are falling apart!
5. Dab some black paint over parts of the paper on the bottles to depth to the details. This will make your Mummy look more weathered and realistic.
6. Place a bottle light inside the neck of the bottle, switch on and you have your self a Halloween spooky Mummy decoration!
The great thing about this arts and crafts activity is that you can be endlessly creative. Do you have green tissue paper? Why not make a Witch!
You can make endless different faces and monsters for each bottle. The possibilities are endless. Making this a fantastic rainy day project to do with kids.
What monster are you going to make this Halloween! We'd love to see your spooky creations!
Make sure you take a picture of your spooky Halloween bottle and post it on Instagram. Use the #sen5esbottles to make sure we get to see it!
All the best
The Team at Sen5es